Air fryer lemon drizzle cake
4 oz (113g) caster sugar
4 oz (113g) butter/marge
4 oz (113g) self-raising flour
1 dessert spoon of granulated sugar
1. Line a 1lb (500g) loaf tin.
2. Place butter and caster sugar into a bowl, grate the lemon rind over it, and cream together.
3. Add half the flour and one egg, and mix.
4. Add the rest of the flour and the other egg, and mix.
5. Put the mixture in the tin, add a tinfoil ‘sling’ (so you can get it out of the air fryer easily at the end) and cook on BAKE 150C for 35 mins. (You need a lower temperature and a longer time in the air fryer to make sure the bottom cooks but the top isn’t too crunchy.) Test with a wooden skewer at 30 mins; if it comes out clean, it’s done, but if there’s still mixture clinging to the skewer give it another couple of minutes.
6. Juice the lemon and add the granulated sugar; microwave for about 20 seconds so the sugar melts (and it’ll sink more deeply into the cake).
7. Prick the surface of the cake with a cocktail stick and spoon over the sugar syrup.
8. Let the cake cool in the tin; enjoy!
About the Author
She’s won three Romantic Novelists’ Association awards for her romantic fiction – and is thoroughly enjoying her new life of crime! When she’s not writing or researching, she’ll be out at a gig or the theatre, at ballet class, doing cross-stitch, taking photographs of the sunrise while persuading the spaniels to stay still for one second, fossicking around on a beach or in archives, or exploring ancient buildings.
She loves learning new things, which is why you’ll always discover something different in a Kate Hardy book…
Completely shaken by the discovery, Georgina can hardly believe it when the police conclude that